Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Very First Post!

welcome!

my name is preston, and this is my food blog. please share with your friends haha

i come from a long line of fantastic home cooks (i break the mold in that the vast majority of them are women), and i've always grown up around cooking and food. the whole process of turning scattered ingredients into a product that is something much greater than its combined parts has always seemed important to me -- for lack of a better word, "magical" -- but, to be honest, being a broke college student sort of threw me into the kitchen out of necessity. but i fell in love, spent all kinds of time in the kitchen, and here i am.

generally speaking, i characterize my cooking style as (mostly/relatively) healthy food (versus 'health food') with a bit of a southern inspiration, but part of my starting this blog is to challenge myself to branch out and try new things. i believe in ingredients that are closer to the ground than the factory. i try to think of food as a balance between flavor and function, which is to say 'delicious and nutritious.' or at least that's what i stive for, because i think achieving anything but that balance is just silly -- tastebuds are only one part of the equation. but they are an important part ;)

so here goes nothing.

(also, this is a brand new adventure for me, this blog, so please be forgiving, and feedback is always welcome and desired. i'm always looking for ideas, techniques, critiques, and if you happen to try a recipe and want to let me know how it went, by all means do! i'd love it!)

5 comments:

  1. This is great, Preston! Your FB updates have always made my mouth water, so I'm looking forward to trying out your recipes for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Anything that begins with a Virginia Woolf quote has got to be good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol Lue aka Mamacita11/16/2010 5:57 PM

    You did it!!! Yay! I'm so proud of you honey and I will anxiously await each and every blog! I love you and Bon Appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog Preston!! I'm excited that you're doing this. I'll be checking back often. Your AD loves you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preston, Al sent me over (I'm his sister)...I'm excited to try some of your recipes! I'm liking what I see so far, so keep the food coming!

    ReplyDelete